HansSchulze
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Install a cloud (remote) printer M127

HP Recommended
M127 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just rebuilt a remotely located (180 miles) PC, WFH, and had to reformat boot drive due to CPU issues.

I no longer have the HP Printer Driver installed, so I installed the simple one, pointing to a router-bound LPR port (hack, it's a Samsung printer).

I now want to reinstall my ReadIris 14 that came with the printer, and it wants to talk to the printer before installing.  It is accessible through the hpeprint.com network, so I can actually print to it.

I don't want to wait weeks or months to use the ReadIris software, and would rather not pay for fresh copy of the software.

Software didn't come with a CD or serial number that I am aware of.

I can't ask for support because I didn't photograph the serial number of the M127 MFP printer.

I use ReadIris maybe once or twice a year.  Great software, BTW.

Suggestions?

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,169 30,883 5,325 12,406
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The IRIS Pro license will only activate with the HP Full Feature Software installed, this requires the printer to be connected to the computer and cannot be done remotely, I cannot think of any option to perform any such remotely, without a direct connection to the printer.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation