Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 5540
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi, I bought this 5540 a while ago brand new but didn’t do the instant ink thing at the time. 

I want to sign up now but it says the claim code is expired and if I get another code it’s the same one?

Please can anyone suggest how I get a new different code? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Fuzzy19

Thanks for getting back to us. I see that you were interacting with @Jeet_singh but he is out of the office at the moment. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fuzzy19,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I see that you are having issues with the Instant Ink claim code. Don't worry I'm going to help you with this issue.

I see from your post that you are having issues with the claim code. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution. 

I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue - HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services

In this document, please ensure you follow the steps 2, 3, 5 & 6. 

Also try to remove web services and then re-enable web services, most of the time it works.

Here are few important Links - HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

Here's another document - please follow step 2 and 3. HP Printers - Setting Up an HP Connected Account

Step 2: Turn on Web Services - Printers without a touchscreen or LCD display

Step 3: Obtain the printer claim code

Here's a Forums post which seems to have helped others: Click here

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I clicked your link to a similar question and followed the instructions changing some numbers in the settings, thenunplugging printer overnight, and router for 2 hours, then plug in router and printer, it gives the same code.

Please can you help?

EDIT:  I have just been looking at another one of your links to do with adjusting 'proxy settings', I've looked at the PC and there is no proxy settings set (blank box in the internet options bit), and no 'proxy' settings showing in the EWS page, I don't know if this is the problem?

HP Recommended

@Fuzzy19

Thanks for getting back to us. I see that you were interacting with @Jeet_singh but he is out of the office at the moment. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I bought an HP Envy 5530 printer but the instant ink signup says the claim code has expired.

Please can anyone suggest how I can get a new different code? 

Thanks. 

August_001

HP Recommended

@august_001 Greetings from the HP Community!

Your claim code expires 24 hours after the Printer Info Page titled "Congratulations" initially prints. After 24 hours, you need to print the Printer Info Page again to obtain an active code. Press the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display, then press press Print or Print Info to print the Printer Info Page. The code is active even if the page does not print. See “The Printer Info Page didn’t print” for more details.

For more details: click here

Let me know if you continue to have issues and I'll help you, accordingly.

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.