Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5055 all in one printer
Android 6.0 - 6.0.1 Marshmallow

I just enrolled in instant ink, installed the cartridges from the welcome packet and started to print, but after about 6 pages my printer stopped printing and displayed a message saying, " cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in hp instant ink" I'm connected to internet, web services is turned on, I updated it, turned on and off but it still won't connect to instant ink???

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lauren-1904_,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting an error to enrol in instant ink.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you enrolled in HP instant ink?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

If you use HP ePrint but do not have an HP Connected account, your printer Web Services might be already turned on, but the printer claim code might be expired. HP Instant Ink enrollment requires you to create an HP Connected account and register your printer with a valid printer claim code.
To obtain a valid printer claim code, turn off Web Services using the printer control panel, and then turn on Web Services again.
Touch or press the HP ePrint icon, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have a button or icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove Web Services, depending on your printer model.
Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Turn on Web Services again.
The information page prints with a new printer claim code.
   NOTE:
When you turn on Web Services again, your printer receives a new email address for HP ePrint. After you create an HP Connected account, you can customize the printer email address. Go to Setting Up an HP Connected Account for more information about customizing the printer email address.
After you turn on Web Services again, complete the steps in this document to Sign up and use the claim code to add your printer to HP Instant Ink to create an HP Connected account and enroll in HP Instant Ink.

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in HP instant ink.

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink.

Let me know if this helps!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info...but I already have an hp connected account and I've already enrolled in hp instant ink, so I don't think this solution would help me, but thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Lauren-1904_,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you do a network power drain.

Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

Wait for 2-3 minutes.

Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

Then turn on the PC and other devices.

Once done, login to your HP Instant ink account page and click on Refresh.

Once you click on refresh, On the top Right corner it should show as Current.

Once this is done, restart the printer and check if he can print.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been having this exact same issue. I've spent over 4 hours attempting to resolve the issue with HP help support. I have done the cycle drain, and been sent new ink cartridges. I am still getting the same error message. Is this a typical problem? It seems to be an internal printer issue. Any other suggestions? I've owned the printer for 4 months and have had problems only once instant ink cartridges were installed. I am using a Chromebook operating system.

HP Recommended

Hi @AEvens

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

To assist you better, what is the exact error that you get?

Have you checked your HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.