Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-25-2016 01:12 PM
I had just bought a HP Envy 4520 and I can't set it up over WiFi. I live on residence at my university, so the network requires a browser to input login details. I can connect to the network, however there is no browser interface to login, which means I can't setup Instant Ink. I have also plugged my printer to my desktop via USB, but my desktop does not have wireless capabilities; it's connected to the internet via PPPoE, so I can't convert the printer to wireless. Is there another way to setup Instant Ink, or wireless connection? Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-25-2016 02:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. Connecting my printer to my hotspot did work, and I was able to setup instant ink. Even though remembering to connect my printer to my phone twice a month is going to be a hastle. What if I forget to connect my printer to the web twice a month? Will there be a cancelation of my Instant Ink plan?
12-05-2018 06:24 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage
To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community