Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Scan.jpeg

HP Recommended

@Tom173,

SSID refers to the name of your WiFi network. SSID can be changed on the router settings page.

But for this issue, we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps that I can think of.

This issue requires additional technical assistance from our Support Team.

Click on this link.

Follow the onscreen instructions to get in touch with our Support Team for further help.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey the link you sent me just keeps spinning. How do i access the router settings page on the printer, if i can change that to the network it does discover that may solve my issue

HP Recommended

Good morning, 

This link isn't working and do you know how i can change the SSID on the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi Tom, if you are still in trouble, i just had the same problem and found solution in Apple forums.

I tried to link it but it’s  ’"invalid html" for HP !!!

I quoted the tip further down.

Basically you will need to reach the printer settings thru its  I.P. with a web browser after having set router security to none and clearing the network memory of the  C4780 to see the factory settings SSID (SigmaplusEOL1).

You’ll know you did right by printing the network test in WIFI section of the printer’s menus.

You will have to click on the advanced tab between steps 9 and 10 to set the SSID and WPA/tkip password you want to use.

On that page the button to click is "apply" and not "Finish" (i’m on the french version so i guess...)

As said, that will not complete and you won’t be able to reach the page  before you go back to your router interface to set back your SSID and security settings+PW to fit your original config.

Good luck ...

1) Unplug your printer.
2) Go to your router's IP address (like 192.168.1.1 or whatever it is for your router).
3) Change the SSID of your wirelss network to "SigmaplusEOL1".
4) For the Security option for your wireless network select none (so that a password is not required to access your wireless network).
5) Power your printer back on and reprint "Wireless Network Test Repor". It should say "No problem found..."
6) The report should also have a the IP Address of the printer (under Configuration Summary at the bottom). Type that IP Address in your browser to get to the printer's settings page.
7) Click the "Network" Tab at the top.
8) Under the "Connections" header in the left pane, click "Wireless (802.11).
9) Click "Start Wizard" at the bottom right.
10) In the wizard, change the SSID and encryption (wep or wpsk) password to whatever you want your wireless network to be. So probably whatever it started out as before you changed the SSID to SigmaplusEOL1
11) Click "Finish" at the end. The page will probably try to keep loading but it won't because you changed the network settings of the printer. Just ignore that
12) Go back to your router's IP address and change the SSID and encryption password to whatever you changed the printer's SSID and password to. 
13). Reprint the Wireless Network Test Report. It should say the SSID is the same as your wireless, and everything is good.​

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.