Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I finally read the manual after posting back in February.  With my printer plugged into a wired network so it has an IP address, I opened a web browser against that IP.

Under Wireless (802.11) there is an advanced menu.  The network interface needs to be set to ON.

HP Recommended

I think I turned adminastrator security on for everything and now i get the error msg, "Network Capabilities Disabled contact adminstrator.  But I tried USB, eithernet connection to get in the printer to turn Network Capabilities on.  I used HP Assistant and printer not found with any and all methods of connection.  I tried to reset printer by turning off then disconnect power cord for over 30 sec and everything is still the same.  One additional note on the LCD screen where the wireless connection icon usually is there is a eithernet icon and printed network info and IP 0.0.0.0.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Gabriel Gonzalez

HP Recommended

Student
gabegonzalez
Message 12 of 12
(13 Views)
Report Inappropriate Content
Re: Network Capabilities Disabled - OfficePro 8610
Options
‎11-11-2016 06:05 PM
I think I turned adminastrator security on for everything and now i get the error msg, "Network Capabilities Disabled contact adminstrator. But I tried USB, eithernet connection to get in the printer to turn Network Capabilities on. I used HP Assistant and printer not found with any and all methods of connection. I tried to reset printer by turning off then disconnect power cord for over 30 sec and everything is still the same. One additional note on the LCD screen where the wireless connection icon usually is there is a eithernet icon and printed network info and IP 0.0.0.0. Your help is greatly appreciated. Gabriel Gonzalez

HP Recommended

Please send factory reset solution

HP Recommended
I'm having same problems with my pro 8610 can you please share solution.for this. Thanks
HP Recommended

Jesus2012 - are you referring to the issue that I had reported and then posted a solution for, or anohter one?

HP Recommended
Hello... I'm having the exact same issue... wireless capabilities disabled... contact administrator... please help...
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue w/OfficeJet Pro 8600. 

I'm running Win 10 and it indicates I have current software and drivers. 

Printer is setup as wireless and is connected to a secured home gateway. 

Scanning to my computer stopped a couple of days ago which is what brought this to a head.

I can print a document on my harddrive but not from a webpage.  When I print from a webpage, I can see it spool but have no idea where it goes as it's not coming out on my printer and no error messages are presented.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software on one of my desktops - this seemed to fix scanning issue.  Reverted it back to a network printer from a web printer - I tried to print from my phone awhile ago and believe that's when this changed.  After this change, printing a .pdf from a website under one of the user accounts wouldn't work unless we restarted the PC.  Before this change, it wasn't a problem. 

Two Dell desktops, 1 MacBook Air and soon 1 Dell laptop access this printer. 

I've considered Factory Reset but I'm not sure what all is getting reset.

Would appreciate any guidance available.

HP Recommended

Hi.  I'd greatly appreciate if you could send me the instructions, too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.