Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP officejet 3830
iOS

I am using an iPhone 7+, it doesn’t matter if I’m on safari, an email, or my photos, when I hit the share button, I do not get a printer app so printing is not an option.  If I am on a recipe site and within the recipe there is a print button, then I can print.  What I have read  so far has told me how to print but how to fix my problem.  What do I need to do? Thanks.   

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Doerlewine

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.

To better assist you - What's the iOS version installed on the iPhone? 

If you are on iOS 13, you need to swipe up to access the "Print" icon.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated everything that I can, I still don’t have the icon, today I had to snapshot a pic, send it to books, then I was able to print. 

HP Recommended

@Doerlewine

What's the application that you are trying to print from? Have you tried a different application?  

Have you tried to force quit the application that you are trying to print from and reboot your iOS device? Sometimes when there are glitches that helps to clear them up

To force quit the application, double tap the home button or pull up the multitasking menu and flick the preview for the application off the screen. Single tap the home button or tap on ‘not a preview’ part of the screen to exit the mode

Reboot the iOS device by holding down the sleep and home keys for 20 - 30 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot then try printing again.

Let me know. .

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have rebooted my phone but not the printer. Printing from my computer isn’t a problem. 

HP Recommended

@Doerlewine

Thanks for replying. This seems like an issue with the iOS device. I'd suggest you try installing the updates through a computer or a Mac using iTunes. 

Please refer to - Update your device using your computer

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Doerlewine

Is the issue resolved?

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.