Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, community,

I have encountered the following problem (I apologize for being long, but it cannot be helped):

due to some reason my HP LaserJet1005 printer stopped printing hard copies. The HP Doctor toolkit that was previously working perfectly on my latptop suddenly proved to be of little help. 

I was recommended to update the drivers, and so I did. But then, another problem occurred: I HAVE GOT TWO HP LaserJet1005 PRINTERS, and so do they display: HP LaserJet1005; HP LaserJet1005 (copy1). The first one keeps printing into the file, and sometimes it emerges. System does see it, but I have no access to it. 

So,  I want to find and delete the first printer. Can you advise me what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, 

Sergey

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@montecrypto

Thanks for joining HP Support!

Go to devices and printers from the control panel.

You can see all the devices that are installed.

Right-click on the printer and select remove device to delete the printer.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.