Erock1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer issues

HP Recommended
Hp Envy 4520
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I have the up envy 4520 had it for couple of years now and all of a sudden now when I go to print from my phone it either doesn't not print  the page at all and gives me no error message on the printer or it will print half a page. I have powered it off and on checked all the printer reports cartridges are full I don't know what else it could be? Is it possible my wifi connection is to slow and it doesn't make connection to print the job?

3 REPLIES 3
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,490 1,738
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Erock1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Are you using a hotspot to connect the printer and the phone?

Using a hotspot is not recommended. Kindly connect the printer to a wireless router.

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Install the HP Smart app to print from your phone

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Erock1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both devices are connected to my home WiFi and I did a stand alone copy and it popped right out no delay or lag on it. So I am not sure what this means for when I try to print pages from  a mobile device?

0 Kudos
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,490 1,738
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Erock1, thank you for the response.

Let us try these steps:

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the phone.

Use the Hp Smart app to print and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, try connecting the devices via wifi-direct and print to check the speed of printing. By this, we can conclude if the issue is the wireless router.

Refer to this document to know how. The default password is 12345678.

Note: You will have to print any saved document/photo on your phone as there will be no internet connection on the phone.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation