Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110 All-in-One Series,

So my computer is connected to the wireless network as is my wireless printer but they won't connect to each other. Support tried to uninstall my drivers and re-install them but when I attempt to re-install the printer it is not even showing up as an option on the network.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@BWINKLER

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer series - D110 and your computer are connected to the same wireless network and do not communicate with each other. Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular analysis of the issue by you. Kudos to you for that.You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

Is the printer able to print from other devices/computers from the same network?

What operating system (Windows/Mac OS) are you using?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Let us ensure that the printer is connected to the same wireless network and can be accessed from the computer by following the below steps:

• Open the web browser on your computer. Type the printer's IP address in the URL of the web browser and hit enter.
  • If the printer's EWS page (Embedded Web Server) opens up on the web browser then it means that the computer can access the printer and both are on the same network. In this case, let us uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may click here to download and install the drivers.
  • Click here to download and install the drivers for your HP printer. 

Another way to have the printer work wireless is by converting the existing USB connection to wireless. The steps from this HP document help in converting from USB to wireless depending on the operating system you're using: https://hp.care/2F5jprL

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

My computer is the only device I use to print from so it's difficult to try any other.  My computer runs on a Windows operating system.  When I typed the printer's IP address into my web browser nothing came up. There was an explanation for the IP address, why they're so common, and somehting about accessing the router.

HP Recommended

@BWINKLER

Thank you for replying with the information.

Did you attempt to convert the USB connection of the printer to wireless?

The information you posted suggests that the printer is not yet connected to the wireless network. You may attempt to run the wireless setup wizard on the printer by following the below steps:

Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, you may download and install the printer drivers via this link: https://hp.care/2IwPGeh

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. 

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I don't have a USB cable unfortunately to attempt to help with the connection.  The printer is connected to the wireless network per the Configuration Summary with full strength but is still not discoverable when I attempt to install the printer.  The computer and printer IP addresses are on the same subnet so I'm confused if it's my printer or the network itself?

HP Recommended

@BWINKLER

It is alright if you do not have a USB cable. 

But you can attempt to re-run the wireless setup wizard to reconnect the printer to the wireless network. And let us take it from there.

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I have done that numerous times.  I even had the wireless network shut off and restarted to force the re-connection.  It is connected, it says it has full signal.

HP Recommended

@BWINKLER

Thanks for you reply.

If you know the router's IP address, you may access the router page and ensure the following things are set on the router:

• The wireless mode on the router should be 802.11 b/g.
  • The router channel should be on 11. 

Let me know. Thanks! 🙂

HP Recommended

So when I go to Network Properties for this particular wireless, it reads that it's Protocol is 802.11ac and Network Channel is 157. Does that help clear anything up?

HP Recommended

@BWINKLER

Glad to have you back. 

The wireless Protocol is 802.11ac and Network Channel is 157 and it could be a reason why the printer does not connect to the computer over wireless network.

Please check for an option to switch the protocol to 802.11 b/g and have the router channel set to 11. You may take the help of your ISP (internet service provider) if required to make these changes.

Hope this works out. Let me know the outcome.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.