Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Printer is not working color are full everytime I try to print no ink computer of the printer 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Baddie97,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP printer is not printing in color even though the ink levels are full, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings are configured to print in color. Sometimes, the default setting might be set to grayscale or black and white.
  • Clean Print Heads: Use the printer's software utility to clean the print heads. This can often resolve issues related to poor print quality or missing colors.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Make sure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Outdated drivers can cause various printing problems.
  • Check Ink Cartridges: Even though the ink levels show as full, it's possible that the ink cartridges are clogged or defective. Try removing them and gently wiping the print heads with a lint-free cloth. If you suspect a cartridge issue, consider replacing it.
  • Restart Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor issues. Turn off your printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Test with Different Software: Try printing from a different program or application to see if the issue is specific to one software.
  • Perform Print Quality Diagnostic: Many printers have a built-in diagnostic tool that can help identify and resolve printing problems. Check your printer's manual for instructions on how to run a print quality diagnostic.
  • Check Paper Type and Quality: Ensure that you are using the correct type and quality of paper for your printer. Using low-quality or incompatible paper can affect print results.
  • Check Color Settings: If you're printing from a computer, make sure the color settings are correct in both the printer settings and the application you're printing from.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the issue with your HP printer not printing in color.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.