Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Have photosmart 5520 e copier. Have scanned one document some time ago. Tried to scan again using same procedure but each attempt stops after document loading with message : there was a problem connecting to the server. Have powered off printer and disconnected power cord from wall. Powered up again, still same message. What do I do now?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks for suggestions. Not sure what happened here. We are in very poor signal area. Got roof antenna, improved signal for awhile then reception went to one bar only, useless. Phoned tech support, they did some work on the network end. Improved for awhile then back to poor to no signal. Took modem and I pad to a good reception area and did so work on the I pad. Returned home, plugged in modem to antenna and there was suddenly 4 bar reception and still is after 3 days. Tried scanner, works perfectly. Moral of the story. Take your modem for a drive occassionaly!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Baysidejohn

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I gather that you are getting a connection error message when attempting to use the scan to email feature of our Photosmart 5520 printer.

Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. I have included a link to another post that has the steps, including screen shots, on how to do this. Please do not worry that the screen shots show a Photosmart 7510 printer, the steps are the same.

If you after applying the manual IP address and manual DNS servers you are still getting the same error message, please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks for suggestions. Not sure what happened here. We are in very poor signal area. Got roof antenna, improved signal for awhile then reception went to one bar only, useless. Phoned tech support, they did some work on the network end. Improved for awhile then back to poor to no signal. Took modem and I pad to a good reception area and did so work on the I pad. Returned home, plugged in modem to antenna and there was suddenly 4 bar reception and still is after 3 days. Tried scanner, works perfectly. Moral of the story. Take your modem for a drive occassionaly!
HP Recommended

IMG_0970.JPG

Hi, I'm hoping you can help. I've successfully used the E-scanner on my HP 5520 for a couple of years now and it's just stopped working over the last month. This is the message I get (pic above).

Other functions work fine including printing documents sent from my iphone/ipad but I can no longer scan documents to my email. I've tried to follow your very clear instructions from a previous users query.

All OK up to No7.  After pressing the ePrint icon on top left of printer, no terms of service appeared and therefore I was unable to choose 'Accept', not sure if this is the reason, especially as the printer previously worked ok.

I must be missing something really obvious but cannot understand why one day it would work fine and the next not.

Many thanks. David

HP Recommended

Hi Happy to help

I appear to have accidentally posted a question aimed to yourself on a response from someone you were helping! I'm hoping you can respond to my query from the feed? If not, I'll repost to your feed. Many thanks. David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.