Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP laptop in the Elitebook Series, running Windows 10, 64bit.  I have a less-new m127f HP printer/scanner.  I'm something of a computer simpleton, but have read previous posts and tried various things.  With my old laptop (also HP) I could click on the "scan" icon and among the options would be to scan double-sided documents manually:  i.e., manually replace the to-be-scanned documents in the feeder to get the second side of them scanned.  Upon completion, the scan would appear with all the pages in the correct order.  After much battling I can find no way of doing this with my new laptop.  I did not load the printer software that came with it.  No CD drive.  But my impression is that that's not supposed to be necessary.  (Please correct if wrong.)  What I did stumble across is a way of manually reordering the pages once scanned.  But this strikes me as an implausibly primitive way of creating a scan-document based on double-sided originals.  As a self-confessed simpleton, I'm guessing I'm missing something.  But I've not been able to figure out what.  Any thoughts?  With thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @Biney1.

Please click the Start menu, select Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners and remove any instance of your printer.

Next, download and install the latest software below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LES/M127/LJPro_MFP_M127-M128_full_solution_15309....

Try scanning using HP Scan and check for any such option under Advanced Settings, if no such option is offered, I’m quite sure the specific scanning software doesn’t offer any such option, but it can be done with the HP Scan Extended program then:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Within the More > section you may change the Scan Sides option.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Biney1,

Is the printer connected with a USB or through the network?

You would need to install the HP Software to get manual 2-sided scanning from the HP Scan software, please let me know how the printer is connected so I may guide you further accordingly.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi.  It's connected through my home wireless network.  B1

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @Biney1.

Please click the Start menu, select Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners and remove any instance of your printer.

Next, download and install the latest software below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LES/M127/LJPro_MFP_M127-M128_full_solution_15309....

Try scanning using HP Scan and check for any such option under Advanced Settings, if no such option is offered, I’m quite sure the specific scanning software doesn’t offer any such option, but it can be done with the HP Scan Extended program then:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Within the More > section you may change the Scan Sides option.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi:

This seems to have done the trick.  I had to restart to get the laptop to recognize the printer but for less useless computer users that would probably be a given.  In any case, thanks very much.

I must say, though, that this seemed like a lot of hoops to jump through to enable double-sided scanning.  It's not like double-sided documents are rare, or that scanning is an esoteric, seldom-engaged in, activity.  But that aside, your help is much appreciated.  B1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.