Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fcol
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Trying to use WIFI Direct managed to enter WPS PIN once, failed to print, now cannot add printer

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been trying to set up WiFi Direct. I did manage to enter the WPS PIN Once. PC said successful but would not print.

I tried to go through the process again but now "Add Printer" does not bring up "Show Direct Printers"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, cleared cookies, restarted PC and printer until I'm blue in the face.

Been at this for 4 days.

Are there real people in HP anywhere please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
B_Will
Level 6
591 581 37 54
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For WiFI direct you do not use WPS.

From your PC connect to the WiFi named DIRECT"printer name" then you will be on the Printers WiFi network.

Add the printer and print away.

From there you can put 192.168.223.1 in to your browser URL and configure the printer.

0 Kudos
Fcol
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

A HP Employee bod sent me a document yesterday which tells me to use this WPS.

Windows 10, Add Printer, click "Show Direct Printer" Select "DIRECT Printer name" - the WPS PIN window pops up, 90 seconds to enter it, had to have 3 tries, finally did get it in. PC states successful - print failed.

Tried to go through the process again but now lost "From your PC connect to the WiFi named DIRECT"printer name" - I do not see this "DIRECT" 

How do I get that back to enter the IP address you quote below please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
B_Will
Level 6
591 581 37 54
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

He probably knows better then me.

Click on his name and message him.

0 Kudos
Fcol
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
With Odetta (Odetta Holmes) Belfonte performed this traditional folk song on May 2, 1960 in Carnegie Hall. This version appeared on his album, "Belafonte Ret...
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation