Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same problems using Ionos and GMX. Is there a solution available? It is quite frustrating.

HP Recommended

@Denis23

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number pr the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have got the same issue with gmx and my HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw.

That was so practical because I could easily print out papers for my older mum.

Now I always need to change platforms which I normally do not use. All my gmails are redirected to gmx which I have for more than 20 years now.

HP Recommended

same problem from gmx (only) OfficeJet Pro 6970
solution is greatly appreciated, thanks

RobAp_1-1583266498237.png

HP Recommended

Dear Sandytechy20,

my printers data:

Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 901 series [2CFB05]

Product Number: HP2CFB05

Serial number: [edited]

Serice-ID: 30025

TP-Number: 56

Firmware version: MANHTNPP1N001.193G.00

Best regards and thanks,

Ralf

HP Recommended

@RalfBg, thank you for the information.

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same issue occures for me since a while.

Checked the DNS record information for hpeprint.com (https://intodns.com/hpeprint.com) and saw following:

MX A request returns CNAME WARNING: MX records points to a CNAME. CNAMEs are not allowed in MX records, according to RFC974, RFC1034 3.6.2, RFC1912 2.4, and RFC2181 10.3. The problem MX record(s) are:
emailinbound-ext-prod.inc.hp.com points to ['eprint-emailinbound.glbinc.hp.com']
This can cause problems

This means, that the domain is a CName - therefor some ISPs or Service-Providers refuses to send an email towards the requested.

Maybe HP can level up or change the MX record 😉

Best Regards, tscheer
„More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.”
Sir Charles Spencer „Charlie“ Chaplin
HP Recommended

HP employees, please have the settings checked by the technical department. (See post on ‎04-24-2020 04:46 PM)

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with gmx and my HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw.

Is there any solution for this problem?

HP Recommended

Yes! There is a solution

The question is whether HP want to solve it. A DevOps person needs to correct the DNS configuration. My hope is that enough noise is made and HP fix it. HP contacted me and wanted to confirm my printer is correctly set up. With more and more people also experiencing the same problem -  it becomes increasingly clear that this is not an isolated problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.