Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Envy 7800 series
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

We have moved and have a different router than before.  My Photosmart Envy 7800 series detects our network but says it is unprotected and does not offer option to enter the password therefore will not connect.  Is there another way to connect?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@loracet

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please restore the printer's Network settings first

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup. ENWW Restore original factory defaults and settings

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset

Next run the wireless setup Wizard

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless).

2. Touch ( Settings ).

3. Touch Wireless Settings. ENWW Set up the printer for wireless communication 

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup. 5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I was hopeful this would work as I had not restored factory default settings.  I have now done this and did the wireless wizard set up but still does not work.  It detects my home network but says Security: no encryption.  It does not detect the need for a password which we do have.  I click on my network name and it tries to connect but of course fails because it does not have the password.  Very frustrating! If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

HP Recommended

@loracet

Do you have other devices that are connected to this new Router?

Is it a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Router?

This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. Do not connect it to 5 GHz Network incase your Router supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz

If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, then the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.