Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer was connected to HP Connected using an old work account. I am now trying to set it up with a new private HP Connected account. I know the claim code. I check it by printing out the page from Web Settings on the printer. I enter it and it says "Invalid claim code".

I then spend 35 minutes wading through many many pages on the HP site to try to find how to get support. I give up. Can anyone help either to fix the claim code issue or tell me how I can contact HP support and ask them. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A Claim Code is valid for 24 hours only, likely this is the reason it is being rejected.

Please tap the HP ePrint icon and select Settings, then tap Remvoe Web Services and confirm.

Now open the HP ePrint menu and follow the steps to reactivate the service, a new information sheet with a valid claim code will be printed within several minutes.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

A Claim Code is valid for 24 hours only, likely this is the reason it is being rejected.

Please tap the HP ePrint icon and select Settings, then tap Remvoe Web Services and confirm.

Now open the HP ePrint menu and follow the steps to reactivate the service, a new information sheet with a valid claim code will be printed within several minutes.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomil, thanks for that. It was odd that the "old" claim code was printed out just a few minutes ago and did not work. However, removing then adding Web Services as you describe has worked, thanks.

It is even more odd to note the following message I also received:

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call +1-818 660 0765 (US/Canada) & +44-020 3289 7008 (UK) for assistance.

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk.

1. community did indeed solve the issue and
  2. why don't they make that UK phone number more obvious instead of making users wade through page after page and end up here.

It explains my username - I have found HP support experience to be very frustrating and disheartening over the years. I have learned how to spell Byzantine. FFS make it simple for consumers.

Anyhow, Thanks Shlomil

HP Recommended

You're much welcome @FrustratedbyHP2, great seeing you were able to resolve the problem!

Regardng your further comment, I would highly doubt the PM sent is affilated with HP in any way, please see the following discussion:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-Suggestions/Apparent-email-scam/m-p/6496795/highlight/t...

Will appreciae if you may let me know privately who is the PM sender so I'll notify the forum moderators.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomil,

I did just try to send you the name of the sender. First the message system gave me an error message about html (I'd copy/pasted from the other message), then it said it removed the html and then when I clickes "send" it said 

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

This was the first and only private message I have tried to send since 2012!

I will try later to see if they have raised my limit of zero.

HP Recommended

claim code did not get printed

HP Recommended

@Andre581
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the operating system?
  • What is the exact issue with the printer claim code?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.