1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

ePrint passphrase

HP Recommended
Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been printing fine up until now. 

I am guessing that there was a software update recently and now I have to use ePrint software. 

In the print screen of my document, I used to just select my printer and now it is HP ePrint + JetAdvantage.  So now I have my printer there and and I click the box. 

And it asks for a Passphrase.

it says:  "The printer's security settings require a passphrase."  With "Passphrase:"  And a text box under that.

I never had to set up a passphrase before, so I don't know what it wants.

I tried many things, my router password a couple of times and nothing. 

I am in a bind.  Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 603
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dommi,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get a message to enter the passphrase for the 
eprint feature to work.

I suggest that you check the link: Setting Up and Using HP ePrint

If the issue still persists, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support at this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.   

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
jonanne2
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It wants the Wi-Fi Direct Password for the printer..

0 Kudos
suzieq1201
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Putting in the Wi-Fi password does not work for the ePrint passphrases. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Giancarlo_Gori
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue in my HP Officejet 4630 and I solved it.

My Menu is in Italian so it might be that Yours in English is somehow differently described.

The required passphrase can be viewed on the printer’s display selecting:

• Direct wireless
  • Show password
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation