Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M118dw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey guys,
I installed a Laser Jet M118dw a few days ago into my wlan environment and faced no problems.
I activated the web service HP ePrint, defined authorized email adresses, and gave a custom email adress for that new printer. It worked for some days but now no single ePrint print job is printed any more.
What I checked so far:
- yes the printer is working well in my wifi (print job from local PC no problem)

- the printer is correctly configured in terms of activated web service
- On HP Connected the printer shows up ready with green ligt

- I restarted the printer and the router

- I checked that the print jobs had the right format, size etc

- yes, print jobs were sent to the right printer email adress

Unfortunately you cannot see the ePrint printer queue somewhere and I also could not find out a human support to talk with. Any ideas why the printer is not printing ePrint jobs any more??
Thanks in advance.
Roland

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RolandH1967

Welcome to HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

You can also refer this document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have the same problem with my new LJ MFP M148. Everything works fine except HPEprint. Valid Printer Email address,

WebService Connection is ok, but no matter which mailer I use no mail is sent, no print out.

Errors: no valid MX hosts found or "503 Bad sequence of commands" (Outlook)

Seems like ePrint Service is down

Martin

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

Hello Sandytechy20
thanks for your links. I had already read the documents but I could not find any mistake so far. When I send a document from an email adress - which I authorized in HP connected - it gets me the same error message like the other user in my posting. See picture 1.
The printer is in my home network and works without problems as long as I print from a PC to the Wifi connected M118dw. All HP connected and network settings have green light. So printer should be there for ePrint jobs.
See other pictures.
I assume that the very widely used mail provider web.de is somehow blocked by HP ePrint. That assumption already has been made ba another user bringing up the same problem some week ago. Could you please check that because it would make no sense to block web.de 

Best regards

Roland

2020-04-27 16.40.39.jpg2020-04-27 16.40.40.jpg2020-04-27 16.40.41.jpg2020-04-27 16.40.42.jpg

HP Recommended

I tried using HPePrint with Gmail (Google) and this worked for me. Seems like other mailers (I used GMX and 1&1 mailers) are not working somehow.

Does anybody know what is the difference between gmail and gmx webmailer ?

At least now I know that ePrint is working somehow (using gmail mailer)

Martin

HP Recommended

@Dermartin1

Well, that proves somehow that mail providers may be the problem within HP-ePrint. But that cannot be the meaning of ePrint that not all email providers are accepted. That would make HP ePrint useless for many users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.