Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop can see and apparently connect with my new  Envy 5055 printer but when I try to print, it says "printer validation failed" .I have connected the printer to my iPad and my Android phone with no problems. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vanilla7, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/printscandoctor

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Download and install the full-featured software from here.

Additionally, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Vanilla7, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/printscandoctor

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Download and install the full-featured software from here.

Additionally, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am on my 4th hour trying to deal with this.  I hope you have some other suggestions.  I have done EVERYTHING you asked on your answer.  I've also done numerous things that others have suggested from other forums and sites.  I've also gotten the help of my IT folks and NOTHING is working.  I am at my wits end.  

The printer works fine.  It is connected to all the devices I need it to connect to.  The only time I get this message is in the  HP eprint jetadvantage dialogue box.  this does not happen if i use printer directly without eprint.  So there is no connectivity issue here.  I've also tested to see if it will print with my HP email and it did.  It printed when I emailed it to my hp address. 

I hope you can help. 

HP Recommended

Hi @aikkid

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

What model printer are you using?

Are you using a Windows PC? Which version of OS is installed?

Is the printer connected wirelessly?

What is the exact error that you get while trying to print?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply.  here are the answers to your questions

What model printer are you using?

HP Envy 4520

Are you using a Windows PC? Which version of OS is installed?

Yes.  On an HP Envy x360.  Windows 10 version 1903. OS Build18362.535

Is the printer connected wirelessly?

Yes

What is the exact error that you get while trying to print?

"Printer validation failed"

Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

@aikkid, thank you for the response.

HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer.

If you are having this issue only while using ePrint service, follow the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

kumar0307.  you sent me the eprint generic how to print with??   as i mentioned, i am already set up.  i have been able to print via eprint with no problems in the past.  i don't need help learning how to print using eprint or setting up hp email.  it's all been done.  there is NO mention of the error printer validation failed in the page you sent me.  where do you suggest i look for a solution on the page you sent? 

edit... sorry.  it looks like i may have said all that on another post..  my apologies.  as you can see, the page you sent is of no use for me.  any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@aikkid

As you have mentioned that the printer works fine if you do not use ePrint to print, the issue lies in ePrint settings.

Try restarting the web services on the printer.

Refer to this document to know how to turn off web services.

Turn it back on, try using ePrint service to print and check if the issue persists.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

kumar thanks for this new suggestion.  so do you recommend i also uninstall eprint from my PC and all that too? and reinstall all that again...  after i disconnect web services?  is that necessary?  it doesn't say on the instructions.. if it doesn't matter i'd rather not spend more time doing that.

HP Recommended

@aikkid, you do not have to uninstall ePrint from your PC, try only restarting the web services. If the issue persists, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.