2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

test print good but mobile printing poor quality

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Brand new HP deskjet 3755.

Bought it to print directly from my phone LGH870 (G6) OS Android 8.0. No computer available.

Poor quality mobile prints, yet the test page is excellent quality! Manual copying of a good quality document also results in a poor quality print.

Spent one hour troubleshooting over phone with HP  tech support cleaning and changing ink cartridges, etc. He issued replacement. Brand new replacement printer has same issue.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled HP Smart app and print plug-in. No change. Used Cloud Print instead. Same bad quality. Used other mobile printing apps. Same bad quality prints from phone, fonts and photo: shadowy, faint, blurry. Test page (press/hold "i" button) looks great: crisp, rich black and color fonts/icons.

Manual copying of a good quality document also results in a poor quality print.

Phoned tech support yesterday-

for 3 hours I was transferred 10+ times from USA to Canada to Costa Rica, disconnected and repeatedly put on long holds. No help. Online chat same: disconnected. Self-help avails nothing. I would appreciate help resolving this issue, please- thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,895 16,875 1,327 1,335
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MJLK

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation