Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this product (HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0023dx) 1.5 months ago. It was working fine. For a few days, its sound device started making some problems. When I am at the middle of an online meeting, the microphone and speaker suddenly stopped working. From the other side, people could not hear me. I just heard a buzzing sound out of my speakers. 

I tried solving these updating sound drivers provided by from HP support website. But things did not work accordingly. Rather now the built-in microphone (AMD Audio Device) is missing now. No input device is found in microphones. Speaker is working fine now. 

I am not sure what to do here. I have a warranty period of 10 months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

The microphone is part of the graphics system, not the audio system as one might expect, and a recent Windows update knocked out the microphone.

You should be able to fix the problem by running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®  utility at the top of the webpage below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once the auto detect utility is installed, it will show an option to do a "Factory reset" which will delete, and reinstall all related graphics drivers (it will not remove any other program or app installed in your PC, or affect any of the already existing information).  It just resets the graphics system.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

The microphone is part of the graphics system, not the audio system as one might expect, and a recent Windows update knocked out the microphone.

You should be able to fix the problem by running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®  utility at the top of the webpage below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once the auto detect utility is installed, it will show an option to do a "Factory reset" which will delete, and reinstall all related graphics drivers (it will not remove any other program or app installed in your PC, or affect any of the already existing information).  It just resets the graphics system.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! I got my microphones back again! 😁If the old problem (audio devices suddenly stops working in the middle of online meetings), I will post again. 🙄

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Although AMD Audio device has been found by installing Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®

, the speaker and microphone still suddenly stops working at the middle of an online meeting platforms like zoom, webex or skype. 

Can anyone help me in this regard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.