Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check chapter 3, page 3-3 of the Maintenance and Service Guide on your notebook's support page.

I'm thinking if the button board is bad, that you need the part labeled as #3.

Power button board (includes cable)  HP Part # 516329-001

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-3000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4011368/mo...

Did you try adjusting the volume up or down by pressing just where the speaker + or speaker - lights are on?

As to where you can find that part, I have no idea.  I just checked the HP parts store link, and they don't sell it.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=E017982FCE254A6AB6E658BA23DA80CB&SearchIn=P...

HP Recommended

Yes I did try that with the volume and all the other controls. They all glow except the WiFi indicator to the far right.

see attachment it's fuzzy, but you can see Power on button (L-R) the sound bar >RW>P/Pause>FF.

Thanks and keep me in mind...I don't want to spend a lot of funny green men on this rig. It should be working...and HP should have these parts made available. My hunch is that they had too many problems w this design..

Sincerely, Raphaello

HP key board finger swipe itemsIRV.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome,  Raphaello.

HP Recommended

:Crying:

HP Recommended

Hello!

Are you able to take a picture of the keyboard with a camera?

HP Recommended

Hello! Thanks for your interest.

Enclosed please find some attachcments.

I don't have any of the underside of the Scroll finger board.  I did think to take any when I had the keyboard out.'

I do need a replacement scoll lock key>tiny levers that attach it to the keyboard..one of the pins broke off.

'

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely, Raphaello

HP KB 1.jpg

HP KeyB Picture 40.jpg

HP Recommended

:smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

Hello! CrushImages...

I'm still waiting to hear back from you one way or another...

Pleeze let us know what you know if anything.

Tx, Raphael

:indifferent:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.