Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY T AEXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I've been using this laptop for a year...Once I started to use with headphones or using its sound output I've noticed that ONLY the left channel is played. The most intriguing issue is that I could not either find a solution, a real clue or the same troubleshoot to happen with the right channel.  Its a must for my leisure hrs to have it working ok...I've noticed this issue only cpl mo ago but I believe it was ok when I got it back in Xmas17. Nonetheless, I've tried HP download drivers update...I am requested to check back later on. When I check properties its clear to me...connection LEFT analogic and the icon ps2 or 3,5mm plug...

I truly  hope someone from HP can definitely get this extremely annoying issue solved out nonetheless its a very common issue that has been unfolded since Pavilion...little did I know I would have such issue with HP laptop..sounds to me- in my left ear- its been my first n last HP laptop. I keep on installing a bunch of programs from HP to solve this out...no success.... been hopeless but before I throw it away I ve awaiting for some miracle ..Printers service is much much better..at least, down here in Brazil....

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ZERIO,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I would suggest you could try to run the test on the audio from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the test passes, as mentioned this could be a software or driver related issue. Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then check the box delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was useless just spent my precious time. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

My sympathy because I too have been thru the same issue and so far HP has given no attention to such annoying problem. I gather they never will, HP has already made $ on both of us but never more...I am really upset to post the least! HP HHHHHHHHHighly  PPPPPPPPPPPPoor assistance

HP Recommended

@ZERIO,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello there. Thanks for the response. So far no further messages about the sound issue. Ive got all info about my item and I do not know whether I am to share it with you other than the one you had previously mentioned. 

HP Recommended

Noone from HP has requested any further information about my item . Nonetheless I've received a message stating they would close the case because of no contact. I do not work for HP. HP must be available but I do not have any obligation to accept deadline to answer questions that only carry on the sound issues I've been thru. No request about my item , no phone number to call but an overwhelming note that the case will be closed because I have not replied. I don't work for HP. Less than 5 business days for response is quiet reasonable. Nonetheless it's been clear HP has been trying to find an alibi to have them no need to find a final solution for the problem. Indeed I believe hp is aware that there is no solution and it's a malfunction of the model, bad architecture building. Yet I'm hoping to be just a misunderstanding...but chances are slim. I WANT MY SOUND THRU THE PLUGS WORKING PROPERLY. PERIOD. ITS HP OBLIGATION. Otherwise I had been misinformed and I want my money back, somehow.

HP Recommended

Hello. I've already tried everything I could possibly find on Earth.  It's been the same result. A guy from HP aka STEPHAN has sent me a pm. However before it was 5 business day I was advised he would close the case due to the lack of response. Common I'm not HP employee. I am not the one to have deadline. I'm not goofing off in life. I'm a busy man and the time I'm spending here now is very complicated. It sounds to me the issue has no solution from HP regarding HP ENVY 17T AE bought in Dec2017 because the sound on the left channel when headphones are plugged in only comes out thru the left channel or if we change the drivers get them both distorted and pink noise in the background of the right channel.I feel  it's been clear that HP has always been aware of it but there has never been this information . The item has been bought on the HP WEBSITE and even so such relevant info has been ommited leading me to have purchased something that would not fullfill my needs. I feel I've been cheated and due to the private message mentioning that the case would be closed because I did not answer the private email ( note that the frame time has not been reached 5 business days). It's so overwhelming to have a company employee to give us a deadline when we are consumers, we bring them profit, However we, consumers, do not have to follow deadline that may be used as alibi to close a case which as the circumstances show HP has no solution for and it would be a good alibi. Thus I bring it out I have been feeling cheated unless HP finds a solution. And yes I unreluctuntly will end up scalating such case. So HP RESPECT THE CUSTOMERS who have chosen your products. Once trustability confidence and respect is no longer noticed by the consumers , no more money will be going to the company. Yes I'm am extremely upset to say the least. 

Thank you all

HP Recommended

I re-escalated your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.