Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop: OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx

The 2 latest AMD Graphics drivers cause audio to crackle at random times.

When Radeon Software is launched, AMDs graphics panel, the crackling starts immediately.

Please, provide me with a solution. I have paid 1400 Euros for this laptop to have bad audio and no proper drivers support.

I have been trying to find an HP support email for personalised support, but I failed. I suppose 1400Euros are not enough for HP to provide working up to date drivers and support for 2-3 years after the products release.

Omen User 646

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

I bought my computer today, $2700 AUD and the speakers are CRAP. Constantly popping, i cant listen to anything. Did anyone contact you re this? I

I am NOT HAPPY HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Dear KSCD, no one from HP has attempted to contact me for support.

The site instructions said that i should ask the question here, so I did.

Next time I will buy a 300 dollar machine, run debian on it and call it a day.

Until that time comes, I would be very grateful if anyone from HP or another user could help me solve my issue.

Ive purged & reinstalled all audio and gpu drivers already....

HP Recommended

I installed the generic High Definition Audio driver from microsoft and uninstalled the HP realtek one. The crackling stops and cannot be reproduced

Unfortunately this is just a hack as windows after reboot will reinstall the faulty driver and the sound quality is not as great as it was before (HP sound optimisations are not applied).

Please, anyone from HP this is important, the audio driver might need a hotfix.

HP Recommended

Sound Issues persist, yet no one from HP has bothered to answer, or just say that they are aware of the issue and looking into it.

HP Recommended

Still nothing...

HP Recommended

HP released an update for HP Software component, i think the issue is resolved, i'll wait a few days before posting again.

HP Recommended

Sadly, the issue remains unresolved.

HP Recommended

Once again there seems to be a conflict between the AMD graphics driver (AMD Audio CoProcessor) and the Realtek audio driver. At that time there was an update from HP for the Realtek audio driver - hopefully now too! Until then, there are a few options:

Install the latest AMD Radeon software Adrenalin
or
Resetting the AMD Audio CoProcessor in Device Manager: System devices > AMD Audio COProcessor > Driver > Roll Back Driver
and possibly additionally
Update the individual components of the Realtek audio driver via the Microsoft Update Catalog. These are:
Realtek(R) Audio (I couldn't use the latest versions 6.0.9254.1 and 6.0.9116.1 here because the volume control no longer worked with them.)
Sound Research Audio Effects Component
Realtek Audio Universal Service
Realtek Audio Effects Component
HP Audio Hardware Support Application

HP Recommended

I am patiently waiting for the new driver or an update of any kind that will resolve the issue.

It makes me sad to have such a powerful, expensive laptop  (8 cores running at 4Ghz?!?!!!) that can not play Youtube videos.

Also it gives HP bad reputation, but I guess they dont care when they compete against companies like ASUS lol.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.