Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi@_OMEN_USER646, @Lachs,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Audio issues with the HP Omen Laptop Audio Crackling After Upgrading To Latest AMD Graphics Driver. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Try doing Reset PC Keep my files and check if it works fine. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Dilip_18 thank you for replying.

I have already done all of the things you suggested, but the issue remains.

What to do next?

Could you tell us if there is a new audio driver to be released?

HP Recommended

Hi@_OMEN_USER646,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

In future there might be new Audio drivers. Make sure you check the HP support assistant updates or HP.COM for any latest updates. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I also experienced something like this after updating the AMD driver.

I found the solution by installing the old amd driver (available at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270/model/3466...) especially uninstall your amd driver using the amd cleanup utility then install the amd graphics driver available at the link above (AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver
27.20.15002.11002 Rev.C)

maybe this is most likely the fault of HP because it doesn't provide the latest audio driver.

or the second way you can change the audio driver to a High Definition Audio Device
Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Realtek Audio > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > select High Definition Audio Device > Next > then restart your laptop.
The disadvantage of this method is that your volume becomes smaller than usual.

HP Recommended

"Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance."

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Dilip_18, I need further assistance.

The sound is still faulty, while all BIOS and HP hardware diagnostic show no erros.

Latest drivers installed from AMD and HP, windows 10 is running on the latest build + patches.

I paid almost 1,5K euros for this high performance HP product, and it cant play audio!

Could you please do anything that would trigger a new driver release?

I am disappointed and probably will not buy HP products again unless this issue is resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi@_OMEN_USER646,

I apologize for the Inconvenience. I would request you to contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I'll wait for the driver update, remoting is off the table as my laptop contains patient's medical records/exams.

HP Recommended

Hi@_OMEN_USER646,

Sure you can wait for the driver update.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

yes we can wait for the latest audio driver update but you guys don't take too long to handle this, we all need this because it's important about the sound.

HP Recommended

After all this time, still nothing.

Until the problem is resolved I will advise all my friends and colleagues to just buy a mac next time...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.