Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 13-an0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having this issue when watching movies/tv-shows on the Netflix and Hulu applications, specifically I hear this ringing-like audio distortion (it doesn't do it when I watch on google chrome, just on the applications); I talked to Netflix support and they helped me figure out that when I select the audio that ends in 2.0, the distortion stops, meaning that the problem most likely is arising whenever the audio is 5.1 surround sound. I'm confused because the Hulu app is still making this sound, but I don't think I have the audio set for 5.1 (I don't even think hulu offers 5.1 sound for my device yet). I've tried talking to Hulu support, windows support, and the hp virtual agent, but none have been able to help. Is there a way for me to tell what's going on or how to fix this? I know I can just watch on browser, but the experience just isn't the same and the visuals tend to be worse. Any help would be very appreciated (I've been trying to fix this for hours now). I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, restarting my computer, force/hard restarting my computer, uninstalling/reinstalling the sound driver.. Essentially everything I could think of.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Celessia121, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for all the inconvenience We request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps Audio issue.

Check for the BIOS is up to date?

To resolve this issue, download and install the SoftPaq or update the audio driver in Device Manager.

Option 1: Download and install the SoftPaq to update the audio driver:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Option 2: Update the audio driver in Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Sound video and game controllers.
  3. Right-click on Realtek Audio Device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hey! Thanks for reaching out; I've done both of the things you've suggested but I'm still facing the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.