Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

There appears to be a way to turn off driver updates buried in the control panel thst doesn't need a third party app or registry editing). Instructions here..

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device instalation Settings -> "No" -> Save changes.

HP Recommended

Yes, that option is there, but I'm not certain it still prevents driver installations 100% of the time. Back in 2015, the wording of that option used to actually specify "Never Install Drivers from Windows Update."

At some point in 2016-2017 the wording changed, and now it only talks about apps and icons.

Don't take the following as fact, as this is just speculation, but... I know of several drivers that actually install Windows 10  UWP apps (like the ones you can only install from the store). Many of these apps cannot be found when you search for them on the Microsoft Store, but they will be downloaded and installed when a driver installation calls for them. I don't know 100% for sure, but if this setting interferes with those apps being downloaded when you install a driver that calls for them, that could cause problems you can't fix without changing this setting back and reinstalling the driver.

Again, I don't know if this is the case...

On the other hand, with the registry tweak I posted earlier, you specifically prevent Windows Update from downloading drivers. That is really the only issue as far as I can tell, so I'd rather pinpoint it specifically. I don't believe that "apps and icons" setting controls the same thing as the registry tweak either, because my system (desktop) has the registry tweak applied, but that setting is still set to "yes" in Windows.

HP Recommended

If anyone is still having sound issues especially when Teams/Zoom this thread has an HP Softpaq:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Re-HP-Envy-x360-Ryzen-5-15-Microphone-and-speakers-cras...

I installed today and was able to Teams without crashing mid meeting. It was an hour long meeting so too early to call it a win but it worked today for me.

HP Recommended

There is a November 5th update for the graphics driver.  Is it good?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.