Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce1000tu Model No: (5FW09PA#ACJ)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reinstalled Windows 10(1909), and installed all the drivers from HP website, tried updating through HP Support Assistant, Windows Update, reinstalled audio drivers multiple times, but still I cannot get the driver working properly. There is some audio output but it is not as loud as before, and trying to change volume freezes the laptop for few seconds. Help me fix this!

---------
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@rgautham3110 Greetings from the HP Community!

How was the reset/reinstallation attempted, did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media? 
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, I created a recovery media, followed the steps, successfully reset the laptop. Still no luck. I suspect it could be some BIOS error? I recently upgraded from F.20 to F.21.

---------
HP Recommended

@rgautham3110

Did you try reinstalling the Audio driver from Device Manager?

Also ensure you have the latest BIOS installed

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

I also suggest you run an Audio Test from F2 Diagnostic if the issue persists

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, 

I tried everything you said.  My issue has not been fixed yet. The machine passes the diagnostic tests. But the thing is, the audio volume has been greatly reduced, and every time I try to play something with audio (for example a video from youtube), the device lags for a period, the windows shell freezes for few seconds, and then the audio starts to play, but is still much with less volume even in 100%.

---------
HP Recommended

@rgautham3110 I understand, 

please try the below steps:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression

Keep me posted,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the latest Realtek HD audio driver available for the Pavilion 14-Ce1000tu seems to be v6.0.8688.1.

if you installed v6.0.8688.1 of the audio driver and it is still causing audio problems, you could try this v6.0.8858.1 (13.8858.2903.71) audio driver version.

HP Recommended

I tried this multiple times, I does not work. I am really disappointed now because the speakers were one of the main reason why I bought this Laptop. Is this problem covered under warranty? 

---------
HP Recommended

This driver did not work, it killed the speakers and I had to reinstall the old drivers. Thank you for your response though!

---------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.