Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ax008ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an HP Omen laptop, model 15-ax008ns, with Windows 10 and Bang&Olufsen audio. Whenever I try to play some sound, it comes out through the laptop's built in speakers, even if I have headphones connected to the audio input/output jack. I have tried with many diferent headphones, updated the drivers and checked the audio configuration, but I can't find a way to solve it.

Thanks in advance for your time

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@lcajal

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the audio jack and the internal speaker are working the same time,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you reinstalled the audio drivers from the device manager?

Did you update it using the HP website?

While you respond to that, you may try the below steps to resolve the issue,

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Audio Manager system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box. 

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for your audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First of all, thank you for the help.

To clarify, the problem isn't that the headphones and speakers work at the same time, but that the sound always comes out of the speakers, so when I connect the headphones, these don't work and the sound keeps coming out of the speakers.

Regarding the drivers, yes, I had updated them all usuing the device manager, the HP website and HP's Support Assistant app.

I have also followed your instructions regarding the Audio Manager. At first I could not find it, so I downloaded the app "Realtek HD Audio Manager" from the official site. During the installation, the program reinstalled the drivers again, but when the installation finished (with a couple of reboots in between), the problem was still there and I still can't launch the Audio Manager app, as if it was not installed. 

The last thing I did was, following the instructions posted on a bunch of forums I found, trying to disable the front panel jack detection through the register, modifying the file "EnableDynamicDevices" located in

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\GlobalSettings"

After all of this attempts, the problem is still not solved. 

Again, thanks for you time and help

HP Recommended

@lcajal

Thank you for replying,

Your concern has been escalated to the R&D team.

I'm awaiting their reply as the solution needs to be validated by them before I could have it sent out,

To ensure I'm providing a total fix, I would request you to wait for 72hrs while I reach out to them.

And I will keep you updated about the same.

In the meantime, please be patient as patience is a virtue 😉

I appreciate your time.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Thanks for the quick reply

I will be waiting for yor response

HP Recommended

Hi @lcajal,

Thank you for replying,

We are currently working on it and as soon as we get any information, we will definitely get back to you.

You should be contacted within 3 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @lcajal,

Thank you for your patience,

Will we wait for the update from the concerned team, I would like to check if you have done the Bios update. 

If you haven't tried it, let's try updating the Bios, Chipset drivers as well as audio drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeet_singh,

I already have installed HP support assistant, and I used it before but it didn't solve my problem. About the BIOS update, I will try it, I just need the link (the word link in your previous message doesnot have the url inserted in it).

Once I have the link I will update the BIOS and let you know how it went.

Thanks,

lcajal

HP Recommended

Hi @lcajal,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you pointed out as I might have missed it out on the previous post, please find the link: https://support.hp.com/drivers

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh, sorry for the late reply

I have updated everything you told me, including the BIOS, and my problem is still not solved.

Do you have any news from the R&D team?

Thank you,

lcaja

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.