Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

My audio is working perfectly in every area of my computer except for my movie editing program.  I just got this computer a few weeks ago and have been donwnloading programs and when I first downloaded Pinnacle Studio (movie editing program) the sound was working fine, but after one week it stopped working.  I've researched this online and have followed the steps like checking drivers for updates, making sure windows audio starts automatically, checking the sound mixer, etc.  But still no sound in this program.  

I have also been talking to tech support for Pinnacle but he says he's never seen this issue before.  He did have me make a new user account and the sound works on my new user account.  So, he is thinking that a program is blocking Pinnacle from playing sound.  I thought that it could be Rosetta Stone because I downloaded it around the time the sound stopped working.  So, I deleted the program off my computer, but still no sound in Pinnacle 😕  

I also uninstalled Pinnacle and reinstalled and that did not help either.  

Heeeelp!!! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rebeccas07

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate that you've completed the steps on the video,

And I would recommend you create the new profile as well (that should take care of things).

Such complications are usually created due to incompatible programs installations of updates that may have corrupted a profile setting,

When you create a fresh profile it will refresh the settings and remove the corruption.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Rebeccas07

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the audio isn't Working In One Program,

Considering the issue is related to the Pinnacle software alone, though all other applications are working fine, it confirms that the issue isn't within the computer but the application and you will need to work with them to find a solution,
I'm afraid you'll need to contact them on their support forums or simply get a different application.

That said, I've gone out of my way to find this YouTube video for you: Click here to resolve the issue.
There's nothing else I can help you with, regarding this concern.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was thinking that my computer is blocking the sound to the Pinnacle program and the sound worked in the beginning.  I have been talking to them, they're confused too.  Also, the sound works if I create a new user profile on Windows... If worst comes to worst, I guess I will have to just use a different profile to make movies 😕 

HP Recommended

@Rebeccas07

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That's the best solution available in your scenario, copy your personal data from the other profile and you should be good to go,

Also, you could try using the YouTube video I had shared earlier as well, you will never know as it may do the trick.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for your help 🙂 

I found that video like a week ago and did all the troubleshooting he recommended, it still did not fix the issue booo

HP Recommended

@Rebeccas07

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate that you've completed the steps on the video,

And I would recommend you create the new profile as well (that should take care of things).

Such complications are usually created due to incompatible programs installations of updates that may have corrupted a profile setting,

When you create a fresh profile it will refresh the settings and remove the corruption.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok I think I will do that!  But do you think you could tell me how to figure out when a program is corrupting another program?  I'm really curious to figure this out for future issues.  Thank You!! 😄 

HP Recommended

@Rebeccas07

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Preventing  a user profile corruption includes quite a few tasks:

1. Install a trusted anti-virus and anti-spyware program (preferably the one sent with HP computers).
  2. Do not go to unwanted/non-trusted websites
  3. install all updates using windows updates or HP support assistant
  4. Always keep an online or offline backup to save your data in case the above doesn't work (rare scenarios).

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.