Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey,
My laptop is HP Spectre and ever since it was updated to Windows 11, its audio (speaker and microphone) are not working. I have tried installing drivers and have fully updated the window. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Fama05,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If the audio on your HP Spectre laptop is not working, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

• Check the volume: Make sure the volume on your laptop is turned up and not muted. You can check this by clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and adjusting the volume slider.
  • Check the audio output device: Make sure your HP Spectre is set to the correct audio output device. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, selecting "Playback devices," and then choosing the correct audio output device.
  • Restart your computer: Sometimes a simple restart can fix audio issues.
  • Update your audio drivers: Outdated or corrupted audio drivers can cause audio issues. Go to the HP support website, enter your laptop's model number, and download the latest audio drivers for your system.
  • Check for Windows updates: Sometimes audio issues can be caused by outdated Windows updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click "Check for updates."
  • Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue with your laptop's audio system. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.