Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After my windows uptate 5 days back my audio output (speaker) is not working and it shows as NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED. So Pleas ehelp me to solve this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ArunMozhi_1992

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please help us with the product model number. 

Let's uninstall the audio drivers:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

3. Right-click the audio device, and then select Uninstall to open the Uninstall Device window.

Uninstall the audio driver

Restart the Computer and the audio driver would reinstall by itself.

Also, let's update the Computer:

Use HP Support Assistant to automatically install computer updates, such as updated drivers, system updates, and useful utilities.

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried that method but still, the problem is there it shows the same error

HP Recommended

I am attaching the image of the problem that i am facing please helpme1.jpg2.jpg

HP Recommended

If you connect any headphones do you get the audio? Also, let's update the drivers:

· Open Device Manager (Open the start menu, type Device Manager and press enter) and select System Devices (close to the end of the list). 

· Locate Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST). 

· Right-click and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu. 

· Choose browse my computer for driver software and then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and select High    Definition Audio. 

· Click Next. 

· Intel Smart Sound Technology (SST) driver will disappear and you should have Audio back.

Try the steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01950055

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

I am attaching the popup coming after I checked to the device manager and there is no Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST). So please help me to solve the problem.

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-16 at 2.38.32 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-05-16 at 2.38.32 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Please help me with the Product name and the model number.

Also, try these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005741/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.