cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Bikeman3
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Audio device not found after Windows update.

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs060wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a Windows update my sound stopped working and my wireless mouse also stopped working. In Device Manager there was no audio at all. I repeated the most recent Windows update. Now my mouse works, and audio works with Bluetooth speakers, but there are still no internal speakers. "Audio device not found". I tried downloading the most recent audio drivers from HP, but got the error message: "driver not compatible with OS". 

6 REPLIES 6
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,962 2,158
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bikeman3

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on your computer and the wireless mouse is not working after a Windows update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you run the audio troubleshooter and it will automatically find and fix audio related issues.

Here is how it is done.

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you continue facing the issue, then download and install the audio driver from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104077.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Bikeman3
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and your help. I have tried your recommended solutions with no success. The Audio troubleshooter didn't work. When I ran it, it simply said that it could not find an audio device. When I looked in "Device manager" under "Sound, video and game controllers" the only things listed were my Bose headphones and my JBL external speaker. I uninstalled them, and the whole section disappeared. Now there is no section under Device Manager that says "sound, video, and game controllers". I tried downloading and opening the drivers before and after removing the devices I mentioned above. Both times I received this error message: "the driver is not supported by this OS version (10.0.19041). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bikeman3

What is the version of Windows you are using? (Like 1903, 1909 or 2004)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Bikeman3
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The OS is 2004. It says: OS Build 19041.572

Bikeman3
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The OS is 2004. It says: OS Build 19041.572

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bikeman3

Download and install the driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101041.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation