Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

another thing you can maybe find helpful.

The Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED driver isn't showing the exclamation mark anymore.

Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-07 014014.png

Also there is a proper sound icon on the windows taskbar, but the sound is still not functional.

Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-07 014002.png

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Last update.

When I try to run the "Troubleshoot sound problems" through the right click on the taskbar sound icon, it suggests me this:

Davrido_0-1670373939106.png

After I click the "Yes,..." option, ti disables the taskbar sound icon for one minute. Then it goes back to normal.

Davrido_1-1670374015848.png

I don't think, this is going to change anything, but I am really desperate with the problem right now, so be it.

Thank you for the feedback.

HP Recommended

Hello @Davrido 

(1) Start Windows <device manager>

- Right click and uninstall the 3 devices

- Realtek(R) Audio

- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology ( ... ) Audio Controller

- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology ( ... ) OED

ub6424_0-1670452274346.png

(2) Restart Windows

(3) Test <audio>

(4) Please report back

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've tried that so many times. Tried it again. Obviously without change.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@Davrido wrote:

I would really hate to lose all of my installed software and would prefer to solve it with another way than reinstalling my OS.

Thank you for your help and support.

Hello @Davrido

Take time and follow official Microsoft guide:

--->>> Fix sound or audio problems in Windows

Please report back

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've just tried all of these again. The Windows reinstall helped. But I did a wrong backup and lost my files.

Thank you for the help.

HP Recommended

Hello @Davrido 

@Davrido wrote:

Hi,

I've just tried all of these again. The Windows reinstall helped. But I did a wrong backup and lost my files.

Thank you for the help.

You're welcome.

A good backup would have been good.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

That sucks. I feel for you. I use an on-line back up. I've lost a lot using external drives that fail. Never again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.