Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G5 X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a new ZBook laptop and from day one I have issues with the audio:

-There's a crackling sounds every now and then 

-The audio doesn't sync with the video. This happens i.e. when watching Netflix or YouTube. It starts ok, but after a few minutes it goes out of sync. I can't tell if it's the audio that is ahead or the video behind, but I'm guessing the audio.

I have the B&O speakers, Could those be the issue?

I already used the audio troubleshooter and updated the latest drivers, to no avail. The HP Support Assistant app does indicate there's a new Conexant HD Audio driver available, but after downloading it always fails to install. 

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the devices via Device Manager, also without success.

I do see 2 audio devices in DM under Sound, Video and game controllers, which I thought was weird?:

-Conexant ISST Audio, and

-Intel High Definition Audio

All my other drivers, such as video, are also up to date.

I feel I'm at the end of my options here and getting very frustrated with this issue.

There are more threads with this issue, but none of the suggested solutions seem to work for me. 

Hope you can provide me with a golden tip!

Thank you. 

CN

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution.

I did roll-back the audio driver to version (conexant ISST Audio) to version 9.0.278.120. This did decrease the sound delay a lot, but the crackling sound is still present on some occasions. Because the crackling sound (and delay) are not present when a Bluetooth or wired headphone is connected I suspect the issue might be with the speakers.

Please let me know if you found a complete solution.

Thanx in advance,

JB 

Windows build: 19042.746 (20H2)

Bios version:  Q71 Ver. 01.14.01

System: HP Zbook studio G5

HP Recommended

Hi JB,

Interesting finding about the headphones.

I have not tested that.

However, I have returned the laptop to the store's service department and after some testing they acknowledged the issue.

They also didn't have a solution so they are now testing (and replacing) hardware components. 

I will report back once I know exactly what has been replaced.  

Sorry, I wish it was as simple as a driver-related solution...

CN

HP Recommended

HP,  what is the latest driver?  WU catalog https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=isst says 9.0.278.120 but HP Support Assistant flags it as SP111209 version 12.73.0.139 which doe NOT install anyway. I am having audio issues and would really like to understand if there is an update applicable to my HP ZBook Studio x360 G5.  Machine wasn't cheap and expectations is HP will offer advice at least as I am hoping I don't have to send it in for what appears to be a simple fix.

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same issues with the non 360 equivalent of the laptop. Issues are also present using headphones connected via audio jack (in my case HyperX Cloud II).

Audio is ahead of video after some time. HP support provides no help at all. Drivers are up to date as well.

Next to this, the B&O software is atrocious. I just want to keep Voice as the sound mode forever, but it always revert to Music mode. Don't get me started on its automatic choice of the "best" sound mode, because anything than Voice mode sounds awful.

I'm not at all happy with the B&O speakers in this expensive laptop.

HP Recommended

Here is an update on my Laptop audio-video sync issue:

So the service desk of my retailer has replaced the system board, thinking this was the issue.

Not!

It still runs out of sync. And there is still a crackle one in a while.

Now they want me to bring it in again for 'further investigation'...

This is turning into a Frankenstein project.

For a laptop of this caliber I find this unacceptable.

I am now contacting HP to return the laptop . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.