cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
faunabeauty
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Audio set to default audio will not play through Beats speakers on the top of the laptop

HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j078ca Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I understand this is an older laptop but I had it given to me from a relative and the audio only plays through the bottom of the laptop very quietly, the top speakers are disabled or the driver has been removed some how, if anyone has a similar laptop and could suggest what to do or where to find the driver for the top speakers I would appreciate it has Beats speakers so that might have something to do with why they stopped working. Its a great laptop but I cant watch movies on it the audio is very quiet. 

What I have tried already: 

I researched whether it was the driver that was missing and tried to install a different audio driver to see if that might access the speakers. It didnt change anything. I believe at the time I did it I tried downloading a few different types of audio drivers. 

The silliest part is there is a likely chance they were switched off some how and I simple don't know how to switch them back on. I know its silly but hopefull some one else may know more about this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
faunabeauty
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh wait nvm i fixed it. 

This site needs to make the option to delete a post more clear otherwise Id delete this. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
faunabeauty
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh wait nvm i fixed it. 

This site needs to make the option to delete a post more clear otherwise Id delete this. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation