Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-D135TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can open Bang & Olufsen graphic equalizer setting screen but whenever I enable or disable the B&O function, it does not affect the sound. Changing graphic equalizer option also does not affect the sound. My B&O function does not work at all. Please advise, tqvm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and installing the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this will also reinstall the B&o gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79055.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and installing the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this will also reinstall the B&o gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79055.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem and a host of other sound issues with my HP Envy 360 Laptop. My Bang & Olufsen app rarely functions. If I try to launch it, It starts to come up but the app doesnt fully load and all I see is a white screen inside the app. 

I purchased this machine in June and since that time, I have also had consistant and continuous audio driver failure. The audio driver fails after a few hours of using the computer. The speaker icon in the task bar all of a sudden goes from the normal icon, to the speaker with the red "X" next to it and then I have no sound. When I go to device drivers under "Audio Inputs & Outputs", the driver for "Speakers" is missing. Simply restarting the machine does not fix it.

I can only fix it by doing either of the following:

1. Reinstall the driver, or
  1. Roll back the driver to a previous version

I have spoken with HP Support on this issue multiple times and I have completed all of their suggested solutions including:
1. Gone to a previous restore point,

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers,

3. Reset and restored my computer back to factory.

>>>>>These do not work!<<<<<

In the device manager, if I reinstall the driver, the driver for "Speakers" under "Audio Inputs & Outputs" goes back to "Conextant  ISST Audio." This is the driver it had when I first got the machine. If I roll back the driver, it resets to "Conextant Smart Audio HD." In either case, I have to reinstall or roll back the driver at some point almost every day?! This machine has some other problems related to sound as well but this one is the most annoying. 

Any help with this would be most appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.