Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

"Disable Audio Enhancements" doesn't exist ANYWHERE as far as I can tell.

And I'm going to repeat: My CELLPHONE'S SPEAKERS are both LOUDER (substantially!) and sound MUCH better!

HP should be VERY ashamed!!!

Plus, now my laptop is 8 months old, look at the keyboard... Only computer in my entire life (dozens and dozens!) like this!! Keys started wearing after the first 30 days!

20160603_003853.jpg

I would avoid this laptop if I could have a do-over. Did I mention that there is no second hard drive support, despite having an empty bay?

What a waste!!

HP Recommended

Absolutely agree with the person who said their Toshiba laptop's Harman Kardon speakers have better sound. My 6-year-old Toshiba Satellite has vastly better sound, including bass, than this new HP Spectre 360 laptop I just bought. Bang &

OIufsen could learn a thing or two from Harman Kardon. I bought two HP Spectres and both have the same horrible tinny sound. Sounds like you're living in a tin can. Reinstalling drivers, BIOS, and then the operating system did NOTHING. After reading other reviews that talk about crappy sound from HP's B&O speakers, I'm thinking this is an overall quality issue. This laptop is destined to go back to Best Buy. I'll look for another Toshiba.

HP Recommended

That's it HP just pass the issue on like everyone else does.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am making a lot of comments because I am having th same problems. The lap top is great but I have had to go back to the shop 3 times. I have had 2 brand new lap tops in the space of 2 weeks that have had the smae problems and they all relate to the B and O sound. There are various complains about it yet people just seem to pass the book. You buy something new you expect it to work properly! Anyway I just got a refund in the end and am going else where. I would like to encourage others to do the same. They have wasted so much of my time and then want to charge me to call them.

HP Recommended

I done all that stuff. And its something I shoudn't have had to be wasting my time on with a new lap top. None of it worked. There is obviously a problem with the way they are being made.

HP Recommended

After going back to Best Buy and listening to a bunch of Windows-based laptops in different brands and talking with the people who work in that department, I've concluded that tinny sound is what you get today. There is no room for decent speakers because the profile on today's laptops is paper thin. I even listened to gaming computers and they were also crappy. You just have to buy an external speaker or listen to music with headphones -- that's it. People want portable and lightweight, so manufacturers have eliminated optical drives and real estate for decent speakers. The B&O speakers didn't sound any worse than Harman Kardon speakers or any others I listened to. I tried the same song to compare apples to apples and they all sounded like listening to music in a tin can. 

HP Recommended

Have had the Envy 17 etc. with Windows 10 for only a few days with not much time for tinkering. There is an app for Bang Olufsen that I only found by searching the computer for "Olufsen". Opened it and found the equalizer set at None which sounds fine to me, whether from the computer's speakers or connected to an external  stereo set. I am listening to a classical radio station stream. What is interesting is that when I choose the factory determined setting for "classical music" in the B&O equalizer, the sound becomes tinny and awful. Whoever set it up, as well as the other presets, must have moved the sliders drunkenly without any regard to quality. Turning the equalizer off and playing with bass and treble sliders turned out to be the best. Mind you, I didn't buy this gadget for the sound, but it' s fine enough. I don't intend for it to replace a stereo system. Now if I could only figure out how to close the tab that shows up indicating that I have just plugged a device into the audio jack; clicking on the x for close doesn't do anything. Only way it disappears is by unplugging the jack.

HP Recommended

Yeah, these speakers are very dissappointing. Just got a Hewlett-Packard Envy, and man these speakers are the worst I've ever heard on a computer, even worse than tiny notebooks with downfacing speakers. Lenovo's speakers and stated before are definitely better, but that's because they have the top of the line JBLs. Man I miss my Lenovo's sound quality. Thankfully I have a Logitech external soundsytstem, because these are just unacceptable with such a great laptop. 

HP Recommended

I just got a Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 witht eh Bang&Olufsen audio. I am not using the built in speakers, but I am using my headphones in the docking station. The sound is also here extremely poor, and lacking in base and midrange and is generally very bad. If I disable "audio enhancements" in the B&O panel it sounds good, but as soon as I reboot or even just leave the computer so it goes to slep it will as default start with audio enhancements on (but in the B&O panel it is still marked as off)! Complete rubbish!

How can I make the Bagn&Olufsen audio enhancements default off?

Note, I also went into playback devices and clicked "sidable all sound effects" and in advanced tab I unmarked "Allow applications to take exclusive control over this device" and saved, still no effect.

At present I have to open B&O panel and click several times on the audio enhancements to disable to make it bearable to listen to!!!

I am considering buying an external USB sound card, anythihng to not have to be tortured by that horrible B&O audio enhancement - have they even listened to how it sounds before branding it?

HP Recommended

I'm not an expert on sound quality or one to whine about stuff like this normally, but honestly my experience with my new HP Pavilion w the B&O sound system has just been awful!

The laptop is pretty thin, sure, but it's still heavy af and I can hear the internal workings of the laptop all. the. freaking. time. It's soo annoying... 

All that aside (getting to your topic, finally), the speakers make this weird crackling-like sound when audio is playing in the background but it's on mute... Okay, I understand if the audio isn't superb because of the thickness of the laptop or whatever, but it's gotta be at least average, right? Wrong.

Other grievances: the lid of the laptop was literally BENT when I took it out of my backpack the other day and so my laptop couldn't close properly for a good amount of time (S/O to the iPhone 6 when it first came out); the built-in mousepad is just terrible, and even though I have nothing against using touchscreen most of the time, I don't like not having a choice and also it's just plain easier to use the goshdarned mouse sometimes; I couldn't connect my BlackBerry to mp laptop the other day and now that I've seen that earlier comment regarding HP's USB ports, I'm not sure if it's HP's fault or Windows 10's fault; the picture of that keyboard after 8 months is absolutely terrifying, I require trauma therapy; system won't let me change my default programs  for things & ads for Microsoft products be poppin' up everywhere; the lock screen, the notifications, etc., but that's a Windows 10 problem, not an HP problem, so I guess never mind; but honestly, what a terrible combination... Should've done my research before buying this POS from the store the other day.

^^ To address the volume problem of y'all former HP Envy buyers before me, that's been solved; I only have to turn my volume up to around 12 now for the sound to be loud & pumping (again, personal opinion, no two ears are the same), but as for the quality, I'm not so sure...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.