Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - m7-k211dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 
I'm looking for drivers for my beatsaudio on win7 64 bit. My Notebook is HP ENVY Notebook - m7-k211dx

Tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the Realtek Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69618.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run box type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73543.exe

When the chipset reinstallation has completed, shutdown the notebook.

Start the notebook and when Windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek Audio installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also install the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66107.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

downloaded, installed ane restarted
 still no signs of Beats GUI, and I think i used to have better sound with win10 and beatsaudio.

If You find some other drivers that might work in this case please feel free to post the link for download here.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I changed the link shortly after posting - can you confirm the package you downloaded was sp66107.

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

sp66107 is the file i've downloaded and 6.0.1.7195 x64 is the driver I've instaled...

Realtek HD Audio Manager is the app I got so far

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the Realtek Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69618.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run box type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73543.exe

When the chipset reinstallation has completed, shutdown the notebook.

Start the notebook and when Windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek Audio installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,
Now It is working lika a charm 🙂
I got my "good" sound back

thank you

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

HP lost Beats Audio to--I think--Apple. There is some condition where you can use Beats on Win 7 but not on anything later.

What is most irritating is that having dropped the ball on Beats, HP has decided not to provide an alternative. I have Creative X-fi and that has features comparable to Beats, but HP should provide a replacement since they took away the Beats Audio,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.