Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ab0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hear, from eg. test sites and from Sennheiser, that Bluetooth headsets do not work with computers. Normally, sound out (listening) is OK, but  sound in, i.e. from the mic, is unreliable at best.

What to do, to get e.g. Sennheiser HD4.50BTNC or Sony MDR-100ABR to work flawlessly with an Envy Notebook and Skype?

There should be some kind of upgrade, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You misunderstand.

I do not have any headset. I need information, to be able to decide if  I can get one and it will work. "Probably" is not enough. They cost too much to take chances.

So, from the top:

• I hear that Bluetooth headsets have issues when connecting to computers.
  • Problems are said to be mostly related to microphone, which is then not recognized by the computer. The speaker function is less often a problem.
  • I need a device that works abolutely perfect with Skype, and with mobile phone.

Hence:

1. Should I expect problems with the above mentioned headsets?
  2. Are there any method that will definitely and surely  remedy all such issues, if they occur? As I said, "probably" is not enough, they cost too much to take chances.

I hope I am clear this time, so that you can answer to the right question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@UrbanK

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help connecting either Sennheiser or Sony headphones via Bluetooth to use the microphone,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you personally used any of these headphones with your PC to check the performance?

Does any other headphone work apart from the two mentioned by you?

If none of the headphones have a clarity of use, I recommend you use the below steps:

Update the BIOS & Audio drivers from HP: Click here to find and install it

Then, you begin with Checking the microphone: 

First, rule out that the microphone problem is not one of the following issues:

1. Software: If the microphone came with software, make sure it is installed properly and is compatible with your version of Windows.

2. Power: If the microphone operates on battery power, make sure the batteries are correctly seated and are functional. If the microphone operates on external power, make sure that all the power connections are secure and the power cord is connected to a power source.

3. Volume: If the microphone has a volume control, make sure it is turned up half way.

4. Connection: Connect and disconnect the microphone from the computer port.

• USB connector: If your microphone uses a USB connector, disconnect, then reconnect the USB connector to the computer. If the computer still does not recognize the microphone, try plugging the USB connector into a different port on the computer.

• Jack connector: If your microphone uses a jack connector, disconnect, then reconnect the jack connector to the computer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

If you have issues using Bluetooth devices: Click here for steps to resolve.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I replied to this once already...

Anyway, the issue is that these headsets cost €200-300. Buying one without knowing that they should work with the computer would be foolish.

Hence, I need a full answer: how to be sure the headset works with my computer?

I do not need a "trix2fix" but  at real answer: do they work with my Envy computer and Skype?

HP Recommended

Hi @UrbanK,

Thank you for replying,

I understand you are still having issues with the bluetooth headset not working on your HP PC. I just wanted to know if you have followed the steps suggested, If so, could you please respond to this post with the details  and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You misunderstand.

I do not have any headset. I need information, to be able to decide if  I can get one and it will work. "Probably" is not enough. They cost too much to take chances.

So, from the top:

• I hear that Bluetooth headsets have issues when connecting to computers.
  • Problems are said to be mostly related to microphone, which is then not recognized by the computer. The speaker function is less often a problem.
  • I need a device that works abolutely perfect with Skype, and with mobile phone.

Hence:

1. Should I expect problems with the above mentioned headsets?
  2. Are there any method that will definitely and surely  remedy all such issues, if they occur? As I said, "probably" is not enough, they cost too much to take chances.

I hope I am clear this time, so that you can answer to the right question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.