Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-eb0001 2T980EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bose headset connects to Spectre via BT, and then when microphone and speaker are chosen to be on Bose - there is no sound. Need to switch to built-in mic to restore sound on Bose.

NOTE: after reboot, sometimes it works for a while - both mic and sound come from Bose, and then without any visible reason it breaks.

Any thoughts on why £2K laptop cannot work with £400 headset whereas other laptops do fine?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BT_with_Spectre

I reviewed your post and I understand that sometimes the microphone on your Bluetooth headphone does not work.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107300.exe

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks, i have already done that before - did not help. any other suggestions, please?

HP Recommended

@BT_with_Spectre

I recommend you remove all the Bluetooth devices paired with the computer and then pair only the Bose headset and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue, then perform a system reset following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossette - I am over 30 years in the industry and already made troubleshooting as you suggested - it did not help.

At no circumstances I shall follow this https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289  and I strongly advise to anyone against this type of "fix". Unless OS is severely damaged, that is not the case here, reinstallation without identifying the root cause will likely lead to the same issue + the hassle of reinstalling all applications etc - this is unacceptable!!!

You or any of your colleagues have not even asked me for the logs or made any diagnostics to conclude anything to this matter.

I expect highly skilled support for the system I paid over £2k - please, escalate this issue to your engineering department management and customer loyalty - so we can have a replicated understanding of the root cause rather than swiping the issue under the rug hoping it will go away - it will not unless we know the reason it occurred in the first place right after I got this system out of the box. The headset works fine with any other systems, phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and TVs running under different OSs, including the same as on SPECTRE.

if HP continues to insist on this "solution" - I then request a full unconditional refund and better go with the other vendor. I can not afford to have a defective system spending hours with HP support on the phone and chats offering me to reinstall the OS from scratch or take for an unspecified period for service without indicating the definite SLA time and not giving me a replacement for uninterrupted work.

Please use as reference HP CRT UK&I 5057419068 CRM:0052081000978

Sincerely hope this can be resolved quick.

HP Recommended

@BT_with_Spectre

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello @The_Fossette , i have responded. i hope you can solve the problem that other of your colleagues could not. regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.