Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ee0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The speaker and microphone suddenly stop working at the middle of an online meeting platforms like zoom, webex or skype. 

Can anyone help me in this regard?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Sha1232

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
To resolve these issues, please manually remove AMD Audio Driver from device manager and then install the softpaq SP107346.
Click here to download and install AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have been discussing same issue on a similar model (15m-ee0013dx).  There is a conflict between drivers, and several users like Orvy and Blyat have identified it as an incompatible driver installed with Windows updates.  You can download drivers directly from AMD or Nvidia, depending on your graphics card, and pause Windows automatic updates to avoid having the driver changed back to the failing one.  You can also disable the AMD audio device altogether in Device Manager and use an external USB or bluetooth microphone.  The speakers should still work.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. I have done as you described. Also I turned off the windows updates for sometime to see what happens. I need some time to ensure that your solution really worked in my case. After attending several online meeting in different platforms if nothing happens, I can endorse your answer as a solution. 

HP Recommended

@Sha1232

Thank you for posting back.

Glad to hear that.
Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

Have a nice day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am attending online meetings without any interruption. I have also processed windows updates which did not cause any problems till now. It seems like the problem has been resolved following your steps. Thank you very much for the help.

HP Recommended

@Sha1232

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is back once again. I was watching youtube videos. Suddenly my speaker started making that buzzing sound once again. I have stopped windows updates once again. 

What should I do now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.