My sound isn’t working in Windows 10. No audio at all from YouTube videos, music/media players, Windows system sounds, etc.
Solved! Go to Solution.
The first troubleshooting step I would recommend is the easiest: restart your computer. Sometimes a single application can take control of your sound device and not let any other apps use it, but you can release that control by restarting.
Here are a few other steps you can try:
- Run the audio troubleshooting tool in Windows
- Try connecting headphones or a set of external speakers
- Set the default sound device to make sure your computer is sending audio output to the correct device
- If your computer came with Windows 10 installed, you can restore the original sound driver in HP Recovery Manager, or update the driver through Device Manager
- If you upgraded your computer to Windows 10, you can update the sound driver in Device Manager
- Hard reset your notebook
These solutions and more are explained in detail in this troubleshooter: Troubleshooting No Sound from the Computer
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.