Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This software was preinstalled and I have already tried it. I did also just try it again but it says no issue was found.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This software was preinstalled and I have already tried it. I have just tried it again and it says no issue was found

HP Recommended

Hello @Elite5 

Please install the latest version and try to fix (again)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Still says no issues found

HP Recommended

Hello @Elite5 

Unfortunately, I can't wave a magic wand. My options are exhausted... 

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I do not think this is the case as I am not on the insider programme. Also my build number differs from what you said.

Elite5_0-1668292202634.png

Elite5_1-1668292209375.png

HP Recommended

Hello @Elite5 

I have shortened my last answer, you're right.

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying. I guess I'll live with it then.

HP Recommended

I have fixed this issue by:

Going into device manager and uninstalling all drivers in the sound, video and game controllers section and in the audio input and output section with "attempt to remove driver" ticked. Then I went to HP support assistant and ran the fix audio issue diagnostic. This then installed drivers which fixed my problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing the solution! It worked for me too. Nothing else had.

[Update] After a while, the issue re-appeared (not sure what had triggered it). This time I unstalled only these 2 drivers:  "AMD Audio Device" and "Realtek(R) Audio" in the Sound, video and game controllers section. After reinstalling the driver and rebooting, the volume can be changed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.