Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0014nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My B & O Audio Control program stopped working, so I deleted the program through the Windows settings. Then I went to the page where the drivers for my laptop are provided by HP.  I downloaded Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver. When I executed the program, it said my windows version was not supported. I am using Windows 20H2 19042.685. Now I am stuck without B & O Audio Control. Then I tried downloading an older version of the driver, it gave me the same error. How can I solve this as Windows 20H2 apparently does not support drivers provided by HP?

Edit: My BIOS is up to date.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@sulfurikasit, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The B&o interface is provided by the Realtek software package which you can download and install from the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73189.exe

Regards,

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I tried installing the program you have linked. I'm guessing they are very outdated audio drivers. Because it looks like it is from 2010s. When inspecting the extracted files, it is very clear that these are audio drivers for Windows VISTA. So in response to your drivers not supporting a windows update that has been out for 2 months, you give me drivers that are a decade old. Also the installation failed with code -001. When I check Windows Update, it says there are audio driver updates. No, the drivers you provided do not solve my issue.

The main issue here is that HP did not update their drivers for a new Windows version that has been out for more than 2 months. And when I ask about it, I am given outdated drivers. Really? At least say that those are outdated. They are for Windows Vista. Not even Windows 7 drivers. Vista.

No other option than to wait for HP to update their drivers. Which apparently is so hard, it takes 4 months.

HP Recommended

Hi @sulfurikasit 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.