Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had audio troubles earlier today and troubeshooted them and one of the solutions was to uninstall my conexant audio driver and reinstall it. This process started and was taking almost 15 minutes so I restarted the computer because I thought it may have gotten stuck. When the computer came back online it informed me there was no audio driver. I have tried following online instructions for reinstalling it and have had no luck. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have that driver installed I believe. Currently I have an input device (Conexant ISST Audio) but no output device can be found by the computer. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AJ64 

What is your Envy 17  ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP ENVY - 17-u275cl  

This is the model it says when I do a product detection on the HP website

HP Recommended

@AJ64 

The latest driver from its support site is for W10 1709

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-u200-notebook-pc/16851079

Microsoft recommends to try the following steps

1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
  2. Click on Device Manager.
  3. In Device Manager, locate Sound and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
  4. Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Hope Windows can find a right driver for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have that driver installed I believe. Currently I have an input device (Conexant ISST Audio) but no output device can be found by the computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.