Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy m7-u109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed that "Flow" is running in the task manager all of the time, but I can't find any documentation about how to use it, change settings, etc. Bang & Olufsen is also running, but I can open Bang & Olufsen to change sound settings.

Does Bang & Olufsen override Flow, and if so, do I need to have Flow running? Or is there a way to open Flow and look at the settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Guys, I hope you're doing fine!

Conexant Flow is a software component of Conexant SmartAudio II by Conexant. Conexant SmartAudio II is an audio driver interface for audio chipsets manufactured by Conexant, which is installed in many HP Computers. Many Conexant problems are due to the driver not being up to date. This video contains instructions for checking if your drivers are up to date.

Update Windows 10 | HP Computers | HP 

If you're looking for a specific driver, visit the Software Download Page to select your product, and then download the driver you're looking for.

If you get the following message when starting up the computer "Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, the SmartAudio will now exit", follow the instructions in Failed to Create Conexant Audio Factory.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

"Flow" is a part of the Conexant audio driver package which came installed on my Envy, and is also installed when installing the Conexant audio drivers.

I think you better check your info again...

HP Recommended

Why are HP support so unhelpful? The OP states there's no documentation and their response is to call them???

HP Recommended

Anyone found a working soultion for the Bo/Conexant audio driver problem on Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)?

A bit anoying to not have any sound on the laptop.

//j

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@imaref

Already running the latest version and installing it again does, unfortunately, not solve anything.

Only solution I have found is to disable the Flow and MicTray programs, which are normally started via the task scheduler.

//j

HP Recommended

If you want it fixed, you're going to have to UNinstall the latest driver:

1. Go to control panel, click on Conexant ISST Audio and choose "uninstall".

2. After uninstalling--reboot. When the computer starts back up, the volume icon will have a red X since there is no driver.

3. Wait for a few minutes and then Windows 10 will install the driver for you (you may have to wait longer if you have a slow internet connection).

4. I double checked in the device manager, and Windows 10 installed a compatible driver. Sound now works.

HP Recommended

Problem is that Flow.exe crashes on load and it makes no different at all if i uninstall/reinstall the Conexant ISST Audio drivers.

But as I wrote, preventing Flow and MicTray from executing when Windows boots solves the problem for me. 

By doing this I have audio and no warnings about crashing applications every time i powerup the laptop.

//j

HP Recommended

I had the same issues with corrupt Connexant ISST audio drivers and flow.exe on a 6 month old machine. The Sound would stop intermitently and when it did work had latency issues. Only a disable/enable ISST Audio sound from device manager would temperarly fix the no sound (not the latency delays) so I got HP to send me a recovery USB flash drive and the problem was finally resolved following a factory reset using the HP Product Revocery USB Drive they sent me.

(HP ENVY X360 15-aq104na running Microsoft Windows 10 x64 and Connexant ISST Audio driver version  9.0.40.1 dated 27/5/17) Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hi Jesper

Can you please explain how did you manage to prevent flow and mictray from starting up when you boot the notebook,

I'm having great deal of problems with Conexant audio

Many thanks

Estuardo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.