Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Windows key / type: msconfig / services tab - can be a solution to stop some services being automatically started when windows starts.

HP Recommended

Thank You!!!!

HP Recommended

Conexant Flow is preinstalled on the HP EliteDesk computers we bought.  It causes CPU and Memory to go to about 99% utilization.  HP should recognize that this is a problem, pre-installed on their computers. 

HP Recommended

Hi

HP ended up asking to return the notebook and they send me another model free of charge, i guess they know

there is a problem with conexant and windows 10, 

the new model they send me should arrive today, but i can confirm is does not use conexant but realtek

i think will be fine

will update as soon i test the new notebook

Thanks

Estuardo

HP Recommended

Hello, this is not a serious answer from HP. Please, you are HP.

HP Recommended

For me uninstalling and reinstalling the Conexant audio driver did not help either. 

However, I managed to resolve the issue on my own as follows: 

Flow.exe usually is installed in the C:\Program Files\Conexant\Flow directory. The respective uninstall command line that I found in the Windows Registry of my HP computer is "C:\Program Files\Conexant\Flow\Setup64.exe -U -IFlowSetup".

By executing this uninstall command in a command line box, i was able to remove the persistent and nasty Flow.exe related error messages while maintaining the Conexant ISST audio driver functionality.

Hope this helps! 

HP Recommended

Hey Guys, I hope you're doing fine!

Conexant Flow is a software component of Conexant SmartAudio II by Conexant. Conexant SmartAudio II is an audio driver interface for audio chipsets manufactured by Conexant, which is installed in many HP Computers. Many Conexant problems are due to the driver not being up to date. This video contains instructions for checking if your drivers are up to date.

Update Windows 10 | HP Computers | HP 

If you're looking for a specific driver, visit the Software Download Page to select your product, and then download the driver you're looking for.

If you get the following message when starting up the computer "Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, the SmartAudio will now exit", follow the instructions in Failed to Create Conexant Audio Factory.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.