Intern
24 2 12
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

Envy m7-u109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed that "Flow" is running in the task manager all of the time, but I can't find any documentation about how to use it, change settings, etc. Bang & Olufsen is also running, but I can open Bang & Olufsen to change sound settings.

Does Bang & Olufsen override Flow, and if so, do I need to have Flow running? Or is there a way to open Flow and look at the settings?

16 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 567
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

@imaref,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you see that "Flow" is running in the task manager all of the time.

"Flow" could be a third party software, we do not have any information about it. You may uninstall the software.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 2 12
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

"Flow" is a part of the Conexant audio driver package which came installed on my Envy, and is also installed when installing the Conexant audio drivers.

I think you better check your info again...

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 567
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

@imaref
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue is with the Conexant audio driver package which was pre-installed in the computer.

This issue requires one to interaction over the phone, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
SB78 Top Student
Top Student
1 0 3
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

Why are HP support so unhelpful? The OP states there's no documentation and their response is to call them???

jesperC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

Anyone found a working soultion for the Bo/Conexant audio driver problem on Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)?

A bit anoying to not have any sound on the laptop.

//j

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 2 12
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

0 Kudos
jesperC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

@imaref

Already running the latest version and installing it again does, unfortunately, not solve anything.

Only solution I have found is to disable the Flow and MicTray programs, which are normally started via the task scheduler.

//j

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
24 2 12
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

If you want it fixed, you're going to have to UNinstall the latest driver:

1. Go to control panel, click on Conexant ISST Audio and choose "uninstall".

2. After uninstalling--reboot. When the computer starts back up, the volume icon will have a red X since there is no driver.

3. Wait for a few minutes and then Windows 10 will install the driver for you (you may have to wait longer if you have a slow internet connection).

4. I double checked in the device manager, and Windows 10 installed a compatible driver. Sound now works.

0 Kudos
jesperC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow?

Problem is that Flow.exe crashes on load and it makes no different at all if i uninstall/reinstall the Conexant ISST Audio drivers.

But as I wrote, preventing Flow and MicTray from executing when Windows boots solves the problem for me. 

By doing this I have audio and no warnings about crashing applications every time i powerup the laptop.

//j

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation